Head in the Cloud-Bread
Imagine that you’re flying through the air and you stop by a cloud, grab a piece, and take a bite. It’s soft, fluffy texture is fun to hold and easy to break into more pieces. Stop imagining and start preheating the oven, because now you can bring the clouds into the kitchen as cloud bread!
- 3 Eggs
- 30 grams (⅛ Cup) Sugar
- 10 grams (1 ⅓ tbsp) Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Food Coloring
- Chocolate Chips
- Cup Almond Slices
- Preheat your oven to 300°
- Grab a baking sheet and coat surface with butter or cooking spray, or place a sheet of baking paper on it
- Carefully crack your eggs and separate the yolk from the egg whites, placing the egg whites in a large mixing bowl. The yolks will not be used so they may be discarded.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks or are white and fluffy. This can also be done using a whisk but may take longer.
- Once fluffy, add sugar, cornstarch, and about 1tsp vanilla extract, mixing both in with hand mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Optional – Mix in food coloring
- Once finished use a large spoon or a silicone spatula to scoop the mixture onto your baking sheet. Make a dome shape with it and be sure your edges are smooth
- Optional – Top off with almond slices or chocolate chips by carefully placing them on top of the dome for an added texture. You could also add other toppings depending on your preferences.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes
- Once it’s done baking, allow it to cool and enjoy!