Coconut Lime Crusted Salmon
- 4 oz. salmon fillet
- 2 eggs
- 1 lime
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in ⅓ cup coconut flour, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground pepper, ½ tsp garlic powder, and ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Zest ½ lime.
- Add the zest into the bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the coconut flour mixture onto a plate.
- Pat dry the salmon fillet with a paper towel.
- Submerge the salmon fillet in the egg mixture.
- Remove the fillet from the egg mixture and place it in the coconut flour mixture. Coat the fillet thoroughly and tap off the excess.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan until it reaches 350ºF.
- Place the salmon fillet in the oil and fry each side for around 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the fillet from the oil and place on paper towels. Let the fillet rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of lime. Enjoy!