Bacon, Apple and Cheddar Grilled Pizza
For a super quick and delicious pizza that you don’t have to order out, try this apple bacon pizza. Thanks to pre-cooked pizza crusts, this recipe comes together in under 30 minutes – and that includes time for heating the grill! This recipe makes 4-6 appetizer servings or 2 main course servings, making it great to enjoy as a lunch or dinner alongside a salad or bowl of soup, as well as for having as an appetizer or snack.
2 Main courses or appetizers for 4-6
- Olive oil for brushing
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 package personal-sized pre-cooked pizza crusts (2 total)
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- PREHEAT grill to high (10 to 15 minutes, lid closed). When grill is hot, set topping ingredients next to grill.
- BRUSH top of pizza crusts lightly with oil. Place oil-side-down on grill and cook until crusts begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Brush second side of crusts lightly with oil and flip.
- SPRINKLE cheese evenly over crusts. Top with apple slices and bacon. Close grill lid and cook until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- REMOVE from grill to cutting board and let rest for about 3 minutes before cutting into wedges.