Kourtney Kardashian’s Salad
This recipe can be used for lunch or dinner, but for these purposes, let’s call it a clean appetizer. This healthy and refreshing salad recipe comes to you Kourtesy of Kourtney Kardashian’s physical and mental wellness website, Poosh. A good salad is made great with organic ingredients (and avocado– ALWAYS add avocado.) With a 5 minute prep-time and 8 minute cook-time, this dairy-free and gluten-free meal is sure to get you in the mood for an intense conversation with your family around a marbled kitchen island, in true Keeping Up With the Kardashians fashion. This easily prepared meal will be the quickest and healthiest way to feel like the newest Kardashian sibling.
- 1/4 cup of fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice (approximately 2-3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon regular organic mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup fresh organic romaine lettuce
- 2 fresh organic carrots, shredded
- 2 organic Persian cucumbers or 1 organic fresh cucumber, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup organic chicken breast, seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, and the juice of half an orange
Optional: add sunflowers seeds, fresh cherry tomatoes, shredded almonds, or other toppings
- Grill the seasoned chicken.
- Add greens, carrots, cucumbers, and grilled chicken to plate.
- Mix dressing ingredients and serve on the side.
- Slice avocado to top the salad.
- Serve and enjoy.