Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
1 hour 15 min
If you’re new to Indian cuisine and don’t know where to start, you should definitely try making this tikka masala! The pre-made sauce used in this recipe makes learning the flavor notes easier. You can also add in additional spices to suit your taste!
- 4 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 ½ heads of garlic
- 1 ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 jar Mayura Cuisine Organic Tikka Masala Sauce (18 oz)
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 cup broccoli
- Peel 1 ½ heads of garlic.
- Smush each garlic clove with the side of the knife and mince.
- Add the minced garlic into a large bowl. Continue this step with the rest of the garlic cloves.
- Add 1 ½ cup plain yogurt into the large bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper and 1 tbsp of chili flakes into the large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients in the large bowl until combined. This will be the marinade for the chicken.
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Add them into the large bowl and mix until the chicken is covered with the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the fridge and let it marinate for 1 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, add 2 cups of rice and 21/2 cups of chicken stock into the rice cooker. Press the start button and let it cook.
- After the chicken is done marinating, take it out of the fridge and arrange the chicken evenly on a lined sheet tray.
- Set the oven to broil (high). Place the tray of chicken into the oven for 10 minutes or until black spots begin to appear.
- Take the tray out of the oven and move the chicken into a large pan. Open the jar of Mayura Cuisine Organic Tikka Masala Sauce and pour it into the pan. Turn the stove to medium-high heat.
- Stir the chicken around until the chunks are submerged in the sauce and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water under tender.
- Plate the rice, broccoli, and chicken tikka masala. Enjoy!