Brie Stuffed Mushrooms
8 Stuffed Mushrooms
It’s near the end of the week and my fridge is now pretty empty. While rummaging through the drawers and shelves, I came across a leftover slab of brie and a carton of mushrooms. This gave me an idea – brie stuffed mushrooms!
The recipe only has eight ingredients and you can find almost all of them in your pantry. For people looking to meal prep, this is a great option! You can keep this in the fridge for up to three days and it’s very easy to reheat! You can plop them in the oven at 400°F for 5 minutes to crisp them up or just heat it up in the microwave.
For the mushrooms, I use baby bella mushrooms, but you can substitute with portobello mushrooms which will yield larger portions or even white mushrooms which can be found in most grocery stores. You can also substitute the Kinder Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning with any other seasoning that you have in your pantry.
- Set the oven temperature to 425°F.
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and slice off the bottom of the stem if it’s still dirty.
- Pat the mushrooms dry and transfer them to a bowl.
- Now remove the mushroom stems by holding the mushroom cap with one hand and pulling the stem with the other. The stem should break off cleanly. However, if there are still parts of the stem stuck on the cap, you can easily scrape them off with a spoon. Repeat this step for the rest of the mushrooms.
- Separate the mushroom stems and caps once you’re finished separating them. Place the caps in a bowl and place the stems on a cutting board.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems and place them in a bowl. (Next Step: Filling)
- Drizzle oil into the bowl with the mushrooms caps. Cover the bowl and shake. Make sure each cap is oiled then place that aside. (Next Step: Assembly)
- Take the bowl with the finely chopped mushroom stems and add 2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Add ½ tsp of salt.
- Add 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Add 1 tsp of Kinder Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning (Optional – can substitute with another seasoning)
- Slice off a small chunk of brie from the slab and pull it apart.
- Add the brie into the bowl.
- Add 1 egg.
- Mix the ingredients until combined.
- Set it aside. (Next Step: Assembly)
- Place the mushroom caps upside down on an oiled baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to scoop the filling into the center of the cap and pat it down. Repeat this step for the rest of the caps. If you have leftover filling, you can add some more on top of the filled caps and pat them down. (Next Step: Bake)
- Optional: Add a small piece of brie on top of each filled mushroom cap.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and wait 15 minutes for the mushrooms to cook.
- Take out the baking sheet and set it aside. (Next Step: Garnish)
- This step is optional, but feel free to garnish with chopped green onions, oregano, or parsley.
Now you’re finished! Enjoy! And watch our TikTok of this recipe here.