30 Dog Treat Recipes
Have you ever wanted to give your dog an extra special treat? Below are 30 recipes to make for your beloved dog. This could be for your dog’s birthday, gotcha day, holiday, or if you simply feel like making something with extra love! I know I personally feel a little bad when dogs can’t eat what us humans do, so these tasty treats are perfect for them! Not only could your dog enjoy eating these, but you can have fun making them as well! Most of these are easy to make, less expensive than store-bought treats, and have shown positive reactions in people’s dogs!
Note: Although all of these recipes are safe for dogs, I would be sure to have the right ingredients and check with your vet to make sure everything is okay for your own canine companion!
But, I would definitely recommend exploring these treats and trying something out!
Peanut Butter Treats
One of the most popular flavors for dogs is peanut butter! Just like humans, dogs also get cravings for sweet and salty snacks. Peanut butter will fulfill that, as well as give them a good source of easy-to-digest protein, healthy fats, and vitamins. These are various dog treat recipes that have a peanut butter base with different twists to them! If you know your dog is a peanut butter lover, try one of these!
- Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats from The Cookie Rookie
- Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats from Allrecipes
- Peanut Butter and Bacon Dog Treats from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Soft Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treats from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Homemade Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats (GF) from Whole Foods
- Peanut Butter Bacon Carrot Dog Treats from Comfort of Cooking
- Blueberry, Oat, and Peanut Butter Crunchy Dog Treats from Southern Bytes
Sweet Potato Treats
Sweet potato is another popular ingredient used in dog treats! They contain a good source of fiber, which helps their digestive system function. They are also low in fat, rich in vitamins, calcium, potassium, and iron. With all these nutrients, it can help your dog maintain its health and enjoy a delicious snack.
- Super Simple Sweet Potato Dog Treats from Allrecipes
- Sweet Potato Chewy Fries for Dogs from Food.com
- Sweet Potato and Apple Dog Treats from Blue Jean Chef
- Healthy Sweet Potato Dog Treats from Pook’s Pantry
- Chicken and Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits from My Modern Cookery
Ice Cream Treats
This treat is perfect for a summer day… or any day, let’s be honest! Many dogs love having a cold treat. With these recipes, you can experiment with different fun flavors for your canine companion to try out and cool down!
- Frosty Paws Dog Ice Cream from Food With Feeling
- Watermelon Dog Treat Popsicles from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Puppy Ice Cream – Peanut Butter and Bacon from The Cookie Rookie
- Puppy Popsicles (aka “Pup-sicles”) from The Starving Chef
Meat-flavored treats are a perfect snack to give your dog with a more savory flavor. Sometimes, like humans, dogs want a meaty taste. These treats allow them to snack on something they crave, without having to eat a full meal. From chicken, to beef, to bacon, there are so many options of how to go about these treats.
- Homemade Dog Treats with Chicken/Beef Broth from Add a Pinch
- Homemade Beef and Cheddar Dog Biscuits from Brown Eyed Baker
- Bacon-Flavored Dog Biscuits from Allrecipes
Throughout this article, I mostly talk about treats for dogs to snack on. But, these dog recipes are more of a meal. They tell you how to make nutritious, quality, and healthy meals for your dogs. If you want to give your dog a nice dinner or so, this is the section to check out!
- Homemade Dog Food in Instant Pot from Southern Bytes
- Homemade Dog Food (Organic Rice, Ground Lean Beef, Eggs, Etc.) from The Mess Is Ours
- Pumpkin and Yogurt Bowl For Dogs from The Mess Is Ours
- Homemade Brown Rice, Turkey, and Vegetable Mix from Allrecipes
These are more dog treat recipes that are interesting as well! I recommend checking these links out, as they have some creative ways to make your special dog a special treat. From breakfast biscuits to carrot pupcakes, I think you can find something that stands out to you.
- Breakfast Dog Biscuits from HonestlyYum
- Pumpkin and Flax Seed Dog Biscuits by White on Rice Couple
- Homemade Applesauce Dog Treats with Rolled Oats from Pook’s Pantry
- Pumpkin Carrot Pupcakes from My Modern Cookery
CBD/Hemp Seed Dog Treats
As I was doing research on dog treats, I came upon many recipes that had CBD, or cannabidiol, in them. CBD is growing in popularity, and it has shown many benefits in dogs as well. CBD supports healthy joints and flexibility, and can help relieve joint stiffness. It can minimize certain pains your dog might be experiencing, and can even reduce stress. Hemp seeds also come from the hemp plant, and have health benefits related to joints, skin, and immunity. Because of the long-term health benefits of CBD and hemp seeds, I would consider checking these dog treats out, especially if you are looking for some holistic options!