Planked Shrimp With Peach And Avocado Salsa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fire & Flavor Salmon Rub
- Zest and juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left intact
- 2 Fire & Flavor Alder or Cedar Grilling Planks, soaked
- 2 ripe peaches, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thin into half moons
- 1 small Serrano pepper, minced
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- FIRST: Combine oil, Salmon Rub, lime juice and zest, and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp, tossing to coat, and marinate in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Soak wood plank in water for one hour.
- NEXT: In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients (peaches through basil), season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside if using immediately or refrigerate for later us.
- LAST: Preheat grill to 350°F or medium-low. Remove shrimp from bag and discard marinade. Place soaked plank on grill, close lid, and heat for 3 minutes. Flip planks and place shrimp in a single layer on planks. Close lid and grill for 8-11 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp and planks from grill; serve immediately with salsa.