Lemon and Coconut Flour Cake
- 3/4 cup Coco Goods coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Coco Goods coconut oil
- 4 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup Coco Goods coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon
Frosting & Decoration
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 lemon
- Coco Goods Original Flavor Coconut Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cover the top of a mixing bowl with a sieve or mesh strainer.
- Pour in 3/4 cups Coco Goods coconut flour.
- Add in 3 tsp baking powder.
- Add in 1/4 tsp salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 cup granulated sugar into the mixing bowl with the sifted dry ingredients. Whisk the dry ingredients to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, pour in 1/4 cup Coco Goods coconut oil.
- Pour in 2/3 cup Coco Goods coconut milk. (Make sure to shake the can of coconut milk well before opening.)
- Crack in 4 eggs and 2 egg whites.
- Add tbsp vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the wet ingredients are well blended.
- Zest 1 lemon into a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients and the zest of 1 lemon into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with some oil or butter.
- Pour the finished batter into the cake pan and smooth out the top with the spatula.
- Place the cake pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake pan out of the oven and let it cool.
- Transfer the cake onto a large serving plate.
- *Optional: Poke holes around the top of the cake with a toothpick and use the juice from the lemon as simple syrup. It adds a nice touch of lemon flavor and acidity.
- Add 3 tbsp powdered sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add the solid part of the coconut cream into the mixing bowl. Discard the liquid part.
- Whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Take the frosting out of the fridge and whisk before use.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cake with the back of a spoon.
- Zest 1 lemon and sprinkle the zest over the frosting.
- Sprinkle some Coco Goods coconut chips over the frosting for a nice crunch!