Gluten-Free Vegan Nuggets
Who knew vegan nuggets could taste exactly like chicken nuggets? The texture is a little different, but the flavor is there.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 12 tbsp JUST Egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin into a large bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, measure out 12 tbsp of JUST Egg. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a spatula until everything is well incorporated. Once a dough ball forms, it’s ready to be formed into nuggets.
- Place the dough on a surface covered with cling wrap. Using your hands, shape the dough into a rectangle. Seperate the dough into 16 even sections with a knife.
- Form the dough into the shape of a chicken nugget. Repeat this step for the rest of the dough.
- Pour ½ cup of avocado oil into a small pan. Heat the oil until it reaches around 350ºF.
- Gently set the nuggets into the oil and fry until the bottoms turn golden brown before flipping. I would recommend working in batches (e.g. 4 nuggets/batch).
- Once the nuggets are cooked, remove them from the oil and palace onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all the nuggets are cooked.
- Serve with a side of ketchup and enjoy!