Egg White Frittata Jerky Recipe
Get your work week breakfast started on the right foot with this Texas Tasty x Tender Belly culinary team creation: Egg White Frittata.
- ½ cup Tender Belly Jerky (torn into small pieces)
- 2 teaspoons grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon red onion (small dice)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, fresh (minced)
- 12 eggs worth of egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 8 Cremini mushrooms (halved)
- 8 spears asparagus (~1” cut segments, 3 per spear)
- 12 strips orange bell pepper (thin strips)
- 12 strips roasted red peppers (thin strips)
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Chives (1-2 sticks chopped)
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees F.
- In an oven-safe 10” skillet, on medium heat, cook red onion and garlic in grape seed oil until translucent.Preheat oven to 335 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl vigorously whisk egg whites and skim milk, then fold in mozzarella.
- Once onions and garlic are cooked, pour in egg mixture into pan, stir together quickly, then place pan in oven. Bake for 25-28 minutes. Turn out egg white frittata onto cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, on medium heat, cook mushrooms in oil until caramelized, 3-4 minutes, turn heat to low and add asparagus and bell pepper, cook for 2-3 more minutes. Turn off heat, add peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, cut frittata into quarters. Top each quarter equally with the vegetable medley and jerky. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives.