Creamy Cheese Potatoes from Fuller House
For a nice Thanksgiving side dish, I’ve found inspiration in the newest and final season of Fuller House, the spin off of classic 80’s and 90’s sitcom, Full House. A staple of all sitcoms is the Thanksgiving episode, and season 5, episode 12 of Fuller House gave nostalgic fans a recreation of the classically tragic “there’s a car in the kitchen” bit, and an emphasis on a traditionally crowd-pleasing Tanner recipe for creamy cheesy potatoes. If this recipe is enough to feed the Tanner’s and Gibbler’s, then you should have no problem satisfying the crowd at your next potluck!
- 13-14 medium red potatoes
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 slice bread (cubed)
- 16 ounces velveeta cheese (cubed)
- ¾ cup butter (melted)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into ¾” cubes.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and set to medium high heat so that the water boils.
- Add the potatoes to the hot water and cook until the potatoes are slightly softened.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan or 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add the potatoes to the prepared dish.
- Add the chopped onion, bread cubes, Velveeta, melted butter and milk.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese overtop.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.