Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Recipe
It’s holiday season and things are getting crazy, the last thing you want to deal with is hard to follow recipes that take forever! There are countless food options when it comes to TexMex and Texas food in general – we’ve got you covered with this easy to make Mexican chicken and rice recipe so you can focus on your Austin things to do list!
1 Yellow Onion chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic chopped
2 tbsp of Canola Oil
Salt and Pepper
2 tsp of Ground Comino
2 tbsp of Tomato paste
1 cup of white rice (uncooked)
2 cups of Chicken Broth.
- Rinse Chicken Thighs and pat dry, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the pan over medium high heat. Add Canola Oil to the pan.
- Add Chicken Thighs to the pan. Brown on each side, about 4 mins each side.
- Take Chicken out of the pan. Add White Rice, Chopped Onion, and Chopped Garlic to the pan.
- Stir and toast white rice for 2 minutes. Then add Chicken Broth, Tomato Paste, and Ground Comino to the rice.
- Stir until well mixed. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to simmer.
- Add Chicken Thighs back to the pan. Cover.
- Cook until Chicken and Rice are done. About 35 mins.
Overall, this recipe is really easy to make for friends and family, especially with El Día de Los Muertos around the corner. This is the perfect recipe to relax on a cold weekend and celebrate with others.
If you want it spicy, you can add Jalapeño peppers without the seed to give it that extra “kick”. Some great sides would be refried or charro beans, chips and queso, and corn tortillas. Also, can’t forget Arroz con Pollo without some great tasting Mexican beer such as Dos Equis, Modelo, or Corona.