27 Best Food Trucks in Austin You Should Not Miss
As winter sets in for most of the northern United States, Texans can appreciate one thing we can enjoy that those in snowy states can’t: our amazing food trucks. Whether you’re perusing Austin for a unique dining experience, meeting up with friends at a park, or just grabbing a quick bite, these best food trucks in Austin are an easy go-to for anyone.
Top 27 Food Trucks in Austin, Texas
Short on time? Here’s a concise list of Austin’s best food trucks you can skim through to select the most suitable option nearest to your location.
- Veracruz All Natural
- The Mighty Cone at Zilker
- VIA 313 – Genuine Detroit Style Pizza
- Revolution Vegan Kitchen (Thicket Food Park)
- Patrizi’s (Food Truck Outside the Vortex Theater)
- Bananarchy | Austin, TX
- Gourdough’s Donuts, Beer & Cocktails
- Coat and Thai (Food truck for Thai cuisine)
- Abo Youssef Mediterranean Halal
- El Primo (Popular breakfast Truck Serving Tacos)
- Hey Cupcake (Best Truck to Buy CupCake)
- Churro Co.
- Luke’s Inside Out (Food Truck for Toasted-Sandwich)
- Beirutatx (Traditional Shawarma Truck in Austin)
- Conscious Cravings (Mueller Lake Park)
- Mmmpanadas Austin
- Song La (Food Truck Offering Pork Belly Buns)
- PitaLicious Mediterranean Kitchen Catering
- Coolhaus Ice Cream Catering Austin
- Mellizoz (now located in Cruzteca)
- Manolis Ice Cream Pastries & Cakes Truck
- Wholly Cow Burgers Food Truck
- Granny’s Tacos
- Mom & Pops All Natural Frozen Pops
- Stony’s Pizza Trailer (Best Food Truck for New York Style Pizza)
1. Veracruz All Natural
- Tarrytown: (512) 665-9860
- East Austin: (512) 981-1760
- Line Hotel: (512) 665-2713
- South Austin: (512) 629-8238
Started by two sisters in 2008, Veracruz All Natural now has six locations in and around Austin and is famous for its incredible breakfast tacos. Pictured above is their Line Hotel “food truck,” which you’re sure to find a line at any day of the week.
Must-try item: Migas Taco.
2. The Mighty Cone at Zilker
Phone: +1 512-751-1438
Must-try item: The Chicken Cone (duh!)
3. VIA 313 – Genuine Detroit Style Pizza
Location: 150 W 10600 Sandy, UT 84070, USA
Phone: (385) 446-4313
From Austin to Utah, Via 313 has six locations in total–three food trucks and three brick-and-mortar restaurants–and five more coming soon. Stop here for authentic Detroit-style pizza brought to you by two brothers and self-proclaimed pizza enthusiasts.
Must-try item: The Detrioter (why not commit to the experience?)
- Monday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Tuesday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Wednesday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Sunday 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
4. Revolution Vegan Kitchen (Thicket Food Park)
Phone: +1 512-436-8150
Revolution Vegan Kitchen is determined to convince you that vegan food doesn’t have to mean sacrificing real flavor. Open Wednesday-Sunday, find them at Thicket Food Park.
Must-try item: Mac N Cheeze
5. Patrizi’s (Food Truck Outside the Vortex Theater)
Phone: +1 512-522-4834
Coming to us from Beaumont, Texas, Patrizi’s Italian Restaurant opened in its original location in 1948. For genuine Italian cuisine with a rich family-oriented history, come by the Vortex Theater Courtyard any day from 5:00 p.m. – to 9:30 p.m.
Must-try item: Pasta Pomodoro
6. Bananarchy | Austin, TX
Phone: +1 512-522-9316
With two locations (one in South Austin and one on-campus), Bananarchy has situated itself at the intersection of ethics and deliciousness. Stop by either of these famous food trucks in Austin for customizable desserts sourced from socially responsible companies.
Must-try item: The Joe Banana
7. Gourdough’s Donuts, Beer & Cocktails
Phone: (512) 912-9070
Possibly home to the ultimate dessert, Gourdough’s has made a name for themselves among Austinites since 2009. Come here for more donuts than you can eat–which you can then take home and have for dinner.
Must-try item: Black Out (for hardcore chocolate fans)
8. Coat and Thai (Food truck for Thai cuisine)
Location: 1720 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704
Must-try item: Pad Thai
9. Abo Youssef Mediterranean Halal
Phone: +1 512-815-6804
Without too much humility, Abo Youssef is considered by many the falafel capital of Austin, Texas. Come here for some excellent grilled meats and vegetables and the best products chickpeas can offer.
Must-try item: Falafel and Gardenia Plate
10. El Primo (Popular breakfast Truck Serving Tacos)
El Primo began fourteen years ago in the food court of Dobie Mall. Their food truck’s location (pictured above) is on South 1st Street and is still providing the time-tested authentic Mexican cuisine.
Must-try item: Super Torta
11. Hey Cupcake (Best Truck to Buy CupCake)
Phone: +1 512-964-6938
Located at the native hotel, Hey Cupcake! is open for pickup and delivery Wednesday-Sunday (hours available on their website). Come by soon to try some of their seasonal flavors!
Must-try item: Red Velvet
Location: 900 Red River St, Austin, TX 78702
Phone: +1 512-840-8585
Arlo’s boasts a 100% plant-based menu and acclaim for their (vegan) burgers. This food truck is the place to go for classic American food with a new-age twist.
Must-try item: Bac’N Cheezeburger
13. Churro Co.
Phone: +1 512-417-1219
Founded by two friends from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, Churro Co. pays homage to the food that reminds them of home. They’re open Thursday through Sunday.
Must-try item: Texas Comfort
14. Luke’s Inside Out (Food Truck for Toasted-Sandwich)
Phone: +1 512-589-8883
Luke’s Inside Out boasts a plethora of fantastic reviews and a visit from Guy Fieri himself. Stop here any day of the week to try one of their Food Network-approved sandwiches.
Must-try item: The Vegetable
15. Beirutatx (Traditional Shawarma Truck in Austin)
Phone: +1 512-758-3377
Must-try item: Shawarma Fries
16. Conscious Cravings (Mueller Lake Park)
Phone: +1 737-278-1201
Conscious Cravings is proving once and for all that your personal morals do not mean you need to give up flavor. With a blend of spices from around the world, they’re determined to satisfy even the most skeptical palates.
Must-try item: BBQ Seitan
17. Mmmpanadas Austin
Phone: +1 737-278-1201
Mmmpanadas prove that in Austin, there’s an expert on every kind of food. Trust these local empanada connoisseurs to blow your taste buds every time.
Must-try item: S’Mores Empanada
18. Song La
Phone: +1 831-254-7525
Song La is the first food truck to bring Austin authentic Taiwanese street food. They’re also deeply intertwined with the city’s music scene, as demonstrated by their musicians’ discounts and events showcasing local music acts.
Must-try item: Veggie Bento Box
Saperlipopette is owned and run by chef Jean-Baptiste Thouénon, who is determined to stick to France’s classic, simple recipes. His native cuisine and Austin’s love of the food truck are a match made in heaven.
Must-try item: La Devastator!
20. PitaLicious Mediterranean Kitchen Catering
Phone: +1 512-309-0199
Pitalicious Mediterranean Kitchen prides itself on its new takes on traditional Lebanese dishes. Come to one of their four food trucks Monday-Saturday to try one of these signature creations.
Must-try item: Shish Tawook
21. Coolhaus Ice Cream Catering Austin
Phone: +1 512-551-1124
What began as a van found on Craigslist hauled to Coachella is now an incredibly successful woman and LGBTQIA+ owned business. Come try Coolhaus to support the future they represent, and also for some fantastic ice cream!
Must-try item: Street Cart Churro Dough
22. Mellizoz (now located in Cruzteca)
Phone: +1 512-291-7726
Mellizoz Tacos gets its name from the NINE sets of twins (called mellizoz in Spanish). Come taste the product of all of their efforts at their Brodie Lane location!
Must-try item: Fried Avocado Taco
23. Manolis Ice Cream Pastries & Cakes Truck
Phone: +1 512-387-5045
Manolis Ice Cream is a true family business that is fresh and housemate. Come by their Bouldin Creek location every weekend (Friday-Sunday) from 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Must-try item: Tiramisu Ice Cream
24. Wholly Cow Burgers Food Truck
Phone: +1 512-394-8156
Wholly Cow Burgers is home to the most ethical and delicious burgers in Austin you’ll find. The beef is raised on the owner’s family’s farm in Fredericksburg, creating the classic taste you love with practices you’ve gotta respect.
Must-try item: Greener Pastures
25. Granny’s Tacos
Phone: +1 512-701-4000
My Granny’s Kitchen strives to provide its customers with cheap, nutritious meals as an alternative to fast foods. They’re currently only open for food truck lunch catering and corporate catering delivery.
Must-try item: Vegan Macaroni & Cheese
26. Mom & Pops All Natural Frozen Pops
Phone: +1 512-775-1353
Mom & Pops began as two parents wanting their children to try the traditional “paletas” they’d grown up with on the US-Mexico border. When all they could find were sugary, artificially-flavored popsicles, they decided to make their own!
Must-try item: Watermelon Lime
27. Stony’s Pizza Trailer (Best Food Truck for New York Style Pizza)
Phone: +1 512-287-0666
Must-try item: The Whole Cheese Pie